Join Sport NZ and the New Zealand coaching whānau to hear from international character development and leadership expert, Dr Ralph Pim.
Dr Ralph Pim is an inspirational teacher, dynamic team builder, and author of nine books. He’s recognised as a global expert in character and leader development through sport, and has built a number of successful teams.
What will I learn?
In this webinar replay, you will learn about:
- Why understanding character strengths and social-emotional skills is important in the development of athletes.
- What the most important character components are that lead to success and wellbeing.
- Strategies on how to convert these factors into productive behaviours, no matter what the situation.
You will benefit most from watching the video below and completing the following pre-webinar activities.
Take five minutes and write down on a piece of paper:
- How you define character?
- What are three to five character qualities of the team or individual you coach
Ask another coach the same two questions and compare your answers.
- Read here for Dr. Ralph Pim’s summary overview of character
- Complete the following reflective question exercises, by asking yourself:
What did I notice in the webinar?
Write down the top 3-4 concepts in the webinar
Write down the key points that you agree with or that interest you
Write down any points that you disagree with or that interest you
How can I apply my learning?
What concepts could you apply in your coaching?
What support might you need to give it a go?
Who could you speak to if you have further questions?
- Find out more about the Coaching for Character Pilot