In this interview, we hear from Andrew Eade, reflecting on a decade at Sport NZ, and the changes he has seen in the New Zealand sport sector.
Andrew Eade, Sport Development Team Lead, has called time on his career at Sport NZ, sailing off into the retirement sunset.
Before Andrew departed, we were lucky enough to sit down with him for a quick conversation about his reflections on a decade in post at Sport NZ, first as the lead of Coaching and then the lead of Sport Development.
Highlights from this conversation include:
- The early days at Sport NZ as a one-man band
- The 2015 Connecting Coaching conference
- Learning about creating great adult learning
- The evolution of the Sport NZ coaching strategy 2016-2020
- The widening of Sport NZ strategic focus from Coaching & Coach Development to Sport Development
- The inception of the Balance is Better philosophy and subsequent mahi
Image Source: Canva