Transforming Character Strengths into Productive Results
Join Sport NZ and the New Zealand coaching whānau to hear from international character development and leadership expert, Dr Ralph Pim.
Dr Ralph Pim is an inspirational teacher, dynamic team builder, and author of nine books. He’s recognised as a global expert in character and leader development through sport, and has built a number of successful teams.
What will I learn?
In this webinar, you will learn about:
- Why understanding character strengths and social-emotional skills is important in the development of athletes.
- What the most important character components are that lead to success and wellbeing.
- Strategies on how to convert these factors into productive behaviours, no matter what the situation.
You will also have an opportunity to ask your own burning question and have these answered during the session.
Who is this for?
Attendees to this webinar will benefit most from watching the video below and completing the following pre-webinar activities.
Take five minutes and write down on a piece of paper:
- How you define character?
- What are three to five character qualities of the team or individual you coach
Ask another coach the same two questions and compare your answers.